- Purchased 7" standard potholder (2/$1 at Dollar Tree)
1. Cut all tags and loops from potholder. Center the muslin print (right side up) on top of it. With reverse (potholder) side up, machine sew the print to potholder, following inside edge of bias tape.
Shown below, at upper right is step #1 after muslin square is sewn to potholder.
2. Trim seam as close as possible to stitched line as shown below.
3. Center backing fabric (right side out) on opposite side and sew it to potholder. This time, sew with muslin side up, following first stitched line. See bottom left on second photo, above, for detail. Trim excess fabric.
4. Cut 1.5" bias strips from fabric and sew them together to total about 36". If needed, piece them together as shown:
This design, as well as all blog content, is intended for personal use only.
Copyright 2012 All rights reserved.